I had to do a product review of Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal Conditioner. I’d never heard of it prior to going to a natural hair Meetup a few months ago where we did a product swap. This conditioner is the only thing I left with. The lady who brought it for the swap said that she’d heard a lot of good things about it though it didn’t do much for her hair. I figured, its conditioner, why not I’ll try it. It sat on the shelf of my linen closet for months; I never gave it much thought at all.
This is a recent wash & go natural hair style that I did. It is my staple hair style cause it’s fairly easy to do and lasts for days. In these pics my hair is completely dry, which usually takes a full day for it to to air dry. To achieve this naturally curly hair style I do the following;
- Cowashed with Say Yes to Carrots Hair Conditioner
- To soaking wet hair I applied Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream all over
- Applied CURLS Creme Brule all over
- Then shingled in Eco Styler Styling Gel
- To get rid of excess water and to separate curls I shake my hair
- Then let air dry
This Wash & Go came out really curly and bouncy. I was able to get 3 days out of it.
I did my very first Wash & Go of my natural hair, I’m liking it a lot :). The pictures show how it turned out. The first one is of it still wet. The others are of my hair six hours later with it drying some, the roots are still damp. With it drying I experienced quite a bit of shrinkage, about 3-4 inches. I really like how this style has tuned out and I can see where I will wear it again. A wash and go is such an easy style, I can’t believe that I have not tried it sooner. This will definitely be a staple style of mine for this summer and an ideal one to wear for getting back into the gym. It also fits into my nurture & healing hair challenge because it is low to no manipulation styling, allows for me to moisturize it well and requires no heat. All I did was:
- Washed and deep conditioning mask
- Detangled, place a part where I want it (down the middle) and rinse in the shower
- With my hair soaking wet, sectioned in three sections and applied a leave in conditioner
- Applied eco styler gel in smaller sections, shingling it throughout all of my hair
- Then scrunched my hair to help it to set the curls
- It was still wet when I finished applying the eco styler gel (shingling) and scrunched
- Then I shook my head and scrunched some more, from here my hair is set and I let it air dry without touching
It’s really nice to see my natural curl pattern. With this style the heat damaged sections of my locks stand out pretty well because those sections’ curls are very loose. All in all I really like how this style turned out. I’m so glad that I took the time to try something different
Peace & Blessings!