Every natural hair routine needs a good, effective shampoo. Regardless of how often you shampoo, retaining moisture is always a top priority especially for natural curly styling of African American hair. Personally I prefer moisturizing shampoos that aid in detangling. Though, when I tend to use heavier products, stylers and butters I will use a clarifying shampoo to remove build-up, I do this about once a month. This is the list of shampoos that I currently use:
- Yes to Carrots Shampoo – 16.9 oz.– (Organic) Nice moisture rich shampoo that helps detangle.
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Control Shampoo – 12 oz.-(Organic) Moisture rich, gentle on my hair, smells really good and works well with wash & go.
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
- Macadamia Natural Hair Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo – (Organic) Moisture rich, gentle on my hair, smells really good makes my hair very soft.
- Nexus Aloe Rid Clarifying Shampoo – Rids my hair of buildup.