I needed to take a moment to check in. 2011 is now behind us (HAPPY NEW YEAR) and it is onward & upward into 2012. I had so many experiences and milestones in 2011 and one that I’ve been most proud of is accomplishing the low to no heat & manipulation natural hair challenge that I put myself on. I learned so much about natural hair in general as well as my hair, its texture, what works for it and what doesn’t work.
I don’t necessarily set resolutions in turn I put myself on challenges. For what ever reason challenges click for me. So far I have so many challenges already lined up and eager to share for 2012. In the mean time here are some of the things that I learned and accomplished in 2011 relating to natural hair.
Natural hair recap of 2011
- Being natural is so much more than a hair style or fad, it’s a way of life
- A stronger sense of self, self-assurance, acceptance and confidence comes along with being natural.
- A lot of education on so many levels still need to happen regarding natural hair.
- The social networking natural hair community that exits – how strong, supportive and amazing!
- Many product discoveries and product reviews
- “Perfected” the Wash & Go
- October 2011 – 6 years since my last relaxer
- November 2011 – 1 year that I put myself on a no heat/manipulation challenge.
- December 2011 – I began exploring the idea of starting a blog chronicling my hair journey.
These are just a few that I thought I’d share. I’ll be back soon! This is a wash & go from December 2011, the style I “perfected” in 2011.
© 2012, Lori. All rights reserved.